Identification Guide to the Inshore Fish of the British Isles
Dr. Peter Henderson
Price: £25.00 + postage
Published in January 2015, this book is the culmination of over 4 years' work by Peter Henderson and Pisces Conservation; a comprehensive photographic guide to the coastal fish of the British Isles. The book is aimed at anglers, marine biologists, ecologists and anyone else with an interest in British fish.
178 species of fish are given a full description, with over 100 other species mentioned in the text. It is the definitive guide to the British marine fish, and will also be invaluable for users all round northern Europe.
Click to preview Chapter 11 - Codfishes
- High-quality images and line drawings
- Important distinguishing features highlighted
- Otoliths of many common species
- How to tell similar species apart
- Geographical range
- Seasonal occurrence
- Commercial and recreational fishing
- British rod-caught records
- Every resident species illustrated
For more information and updates on the book, visit our British Sea Fish